- Serves: 8
500g mixed peppers, sliced 250g courgettes, sliced
250g sweet potato, diced Seasoning - salt & pepper 55ml vegetable oil
1.8kg McCain Our Chef Solutions Simply Potato Slice - frozen
200g feta cheese
500ml Bechamel Sauce
300g Tomato Sauce
1 OOg onion
3 garlic cloves, chopped
6g vegetable stock, rumbled in dry 250ml tomato, chopped
1 tsp mixed herbs
1. Preheat oven 180°C/375'F. Gas Mark 5.
2. Coat the vegetable in oil and seasoning,
3. Roast for 25 min.
4. Roast the McCain Our Chef Solutions Simply Slices for 25 min.
5. Make a white sauce: melt the butter, add plain flour and cook until roux is created, add milk and cook until thickens on a low heat.
6. Make the tomato sauce: chop one onion and fry. Add the garlic paste and vegetable stock cook until golden brown, add chopped tomato and boil it for 10 min on low heat to reduce the liquid.
7. In an oven proof tray, layer the vegetables, tomato sauce, white sauce, sliced potato and crumbled cheese.
8. Finish with a layer of roasted potato slices and white sauce.
9. Bake for 30/40 mins until piping hot and a golden colour.