- Serves: 20
100ml rapeseed oil
1.2kg lamb, minced
1 kg onions, diced
1 kg red pepper, diced
1 kg courgettes, diced
4kg McCain Our Chef Solutions Simply Dice, frozen
20g garlic, chopped
30g ground mixed spice
1.4kg tinned chopped tomatoes 10g chilli paste
200g dried apricots, diced
200g dates, chopped
400g tinned chick peas,
drained and rinsed
50g mint sauce
40g vegetable stock, crumbled.
100g chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven, 170°C/325° F, Gas Mark 3, and remove the middle shelf.
2. In a large ovenproof pan, heat the oil and gently fry the onions until softened and well coloured, and add the mince.
3. Add the diced red pepper and courgette. Allow to soften.
4. Add the remaining ingredients including the McCain Our Chef Solutions Simply Dice and half the parsley.
5. Add a little water, stir well and bring to the boil.
6. Cover with a well-fitting lid and bake in the oven for approx. 20-30 mins until the moisture had been absorbed and the delicious flavours are mixed together and piping hot.
7. Garnish with remaining parsley.