- Serves: 20
- Cooking time: 1.25 hours
- 1.5kg diced pork
- 2kg Chef Solutions Simply Wedges
- A little oil (75g approx)
- 1tbsp. dried parsley
- 2tsp. mild chilli powder
- 500g frozen mixed vegetables (such as carrots, sweetcorn, peas and beans)
To make the BBQ sauce
- 400g onions, peeled and chopped
- 50g garlic, peeled and chopped
- 800g tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 200ml tomato puree
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 120ml malt vinegar
- 120ml Worcester sauce
- 1ltr low salt vegetable stock
1. Firstly make the BBQ sauce; - Gently sauté the onions until soft and golden, add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
2. Add the remaining BBQ sauce ingredients, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for about 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile heat a little of the oil in a pan and brown the prok pieces in batches and put in an ovenproof dish.
4. Cover with hot BBQ sauce and stir well. Add the mixed vegetables and stir again.
5. Toss the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Wedges with the parsley, chilli powder and a little oil. Then top the pork mixture with the seasoned wedges.
6. Bake in a hot oven, 200°C/Gas Mark 7 for 30/45 mins until hot and crispy.