- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 35-45 mins
700g McCain Simply Mash
300g Smoked Bacon
150g Plain Flour
150g Stork Margerine
2lt Semi Skimmed Milk
200g Strong Mature Cheddar
50g White Breadcrumbs
10g Lettuce mixed leaves presentation
1. Cook off the 'Simply Mash' potatoes, mash well and add the flour, eggs, salt & pepper and nutmeg. Then leave to cool
2. Saute shredded leeks until soft and then saute off the Bacon.
3. Make a roux using margerined flour, add the milk slowly and finally add the cheese.
4. Season with salt & pepper then add the leeks and 3/4 bacon.
5. Divide the cooled 'Gnocchi' into 100g portions, roll into a sausage shape then divide into approx 8g portions. Approx 2cm-approx 12 Gnocchi per portion.
6. Bring a pan of boiling water to the boil and add approx 30 Gnocchi shapes to the water. Cook until shapes float to the top.
7. Drain well and continue to cook all Gnocchi.
8. Place Gnocchi in a dish, pour on the cheese sauce.
9. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, cheese and rest of the bacon.
10. Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until brown.