- Serves: 20
- Cooking time: 90 mins
A little oil (75g approx)
500g onions, peeled and chopped
400g carrot, finely chopped
100g plain flour
400g tinned tomatoes, chopped
1kg minced beef
500g can mixed beans in tomato sauce
1.51tr low salt vegetable stock
4tbsp freshly chopped parsley
2kg McCain Chef Solutions Simply Mash, made into creamy mash, following the pack instructions
100g crushed cornflakes
100g cheese, grated
1. Gently sauté the chopped onions and carrots in the oil until lightly brown - For a spicier dish, try frying 2 tbsps of Chilli powder with the onions
2. Add the mince and brown well
3. Add the flour to the pan; Cook for 1 min, and then gradually add the stock and tinned tomatoes.
4. Add the beans and the herbs bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 1hr. Check the seasoning.
5. Pour the filling into a cooking tin and top with the cooked McCain Chef Solutions Simply Mash.
6. Mix the grated cheese with the crushed cornflakes and scatter on top of the pie.
7 Bake in a hot oven 200°C/Gas Mark 7 for about 30 mins until crisp and golden.