- Serves: 20
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
2 tbsp sunflower oil
400g onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
20g tomato puree
1 small chilli pepper, deseeded and chopped
200g mushrooms. chopped
200g cooked carrots. freshly diced
200g cooked parsnips, freshly diced
2 tbsp basil, freshly chopped
1kg pork and leek sausages. cooked and chopped
1.5kg McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slices, frozen
1 tbsp sunflower oil 1 tbsp dried parsley
1. Heat the oil and gently fry the chopped onion until soft and golden.
2. Add the crushed garlic and cook for 1 min add the tinned tomatoes, puree and the chopped chilli. Season well.
3. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 20 mins.
4. Add the chopped mushrooms, vegetables. basil and sausage pieces. Check seasoning.
5. Bring back to the boil then pour into an ovenproof dish and top with the frozen McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slices.
6. Brush with a little oil and sprinkle with a little dried parsley.
7. Cook in a preheated oven. 200'C, Gas Mark 7 until piping hot and the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slices are crisp and golden. About 40/50 mins.