- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
For the halibut
4 tbsp olive oil
50g plain flour
4 halibut fillets (with skin), each weighing about 100g/3 1/2oz
2 tbsp capers, drained
½ lemon, juice only
For the peas
500ml pint vegetable stock
450g frozen peas
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, dust the skin of the halibut with flour
2. Place the halibut, skin-side down, in the pan and fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn the halibut over and lower the heat. Add the capers, lemon juice and butter and stir well to collect the cooking juices. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Meanwhile, to make the mushy peas, bring the stock to the boil and throw in the peas. Boil for two minutes, then drain. Mash the peas, and then add the butter and mint.
4. Cook Menu Signatures Traditional Chips as per pack instructions
5. Serve the peas topped with the fish, chips to the side and pour over the caper sauce.