- Serves: 10
- Preparation time: 50 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
125g salmon steak
3 eggs - beaten
100ml semi-skimmed milk
1 tsp black pepper - ground
6 florets of broccoli
1 small onion - peeled and finely chopped
100g McCain Chef Solutions Simply Potato Slices - tempered down
1. To make the pastry sieve the flour, rub in the butter to a crumbly texture, add three tbsp of cold water, combine with a knife and then mould to a ball. Wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll out the pastry (approx. 5mm thick) and line your flan ring ensuring that there are no breakages or splits. Blind bake for 10 minutes at 180˚c.
2. Boil the broccoli for six minutes until tender, remove and quarter.
3. Grill the salmon, allow to cool slightly then gently flake. Add to the beaten eggs together with the onion, broccoli and pepper.
4. Line the pastry with the Chef Solutions Simply Potato Slices, pour the mixture into the flan ring and bake for 35 minutes until set.
Chef’s Tip - when building the dish, layering the potatoes then egg mix then potatoes etc. will help with thorough, even cooking.
Serving Suggestions - Herby potato dice, mixed salad.