Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
Chef Solutions Savoury Herb Dice
1 kg loin pork
2 heads broccoli (cooked)
apple sauce (when warming the apple sauce add a little freshly chopped sage)
Chilli & Date Glaze
1x 8oz jar red current jelly
200g chopped dates
2 tbsp wine vinegar
2 finely chopped red Chillies
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tsp prepared mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/ gas mark 4
2. Place pork loin in shallow roasting pan
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast uncovered for 1 ½ hours
4. Prepare date-currant glaze. Remove meat from oven and baste generously with glaze. Return to the oven and continue roasting for 30 minutes or until thermometer reaches 180 °C. Baste occasionally with additional glaze.
5. Remove the joint and leave to rest before carving
6. Carve as required and serve with dish of Menu Signatures Savoury Herb Dice and Chilli & Date Mayonnaise.
Chilli & Date Glaze Mix
This unusual glaze is equally good on any pork roast, but a rolled pork loin is elegant for guests and easy to carve.
Heat the red current jelly over a low flame until it liquefies, add the remaining ingredients and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Use as the glaze for the pork.