150g Chef Solutions Simply Potato Dice – cooked, cooled and mashed
1 large orange – rind and juice
3 eggs – beaten
150g cooking margarine
2 tsp baking powder
140g self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to 180˚c and line a rectangular cake tin (4-5cm deep).
2. In a large bowl cream the cooking margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually beat in the eggs and the juice and rind of the orange. Add the potato and mix.
4. Sieve together the cocoa, flour and the baking powder then lightly fold in the creamed mix.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-35 minutes. Check if the mix is cooked by inserting a skewer or small knife. Serve warm.
Chef’s Tip – dust with icing sugar for extra richness. Delicious served with custard or ice cream.