Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Original Choice Sauté Potatoes
1/2 onion (finely chopped)
2 sticks celery (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1 pimento (finely chopped)
1 pint milk
500g flaked cooked fish (smoked haddock, salmon, peeled prawns)
100g mushrooms (optional)
2 medium white potatoes (thinly sliced)
15g fresh chopped parsley
100g frozen peas
puff pastry for 9-inch pie
1. Simmer fish in 1 cup of water with bay leaf and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Drain and cool.
2. Heat oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas mark 4.
3. In a saucepan sauté celery, garlic and onions in butter.
4. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and mustard. Blend in milk stirring constantly until thickened.
5. Fill pie dish with fish mixture. Add the pastry top and seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry top.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes until a golden colour.
7. Allow 15 minutes before cutting.
8. Cook the Original Choice Sauté Potatoes as per instructions, serve with pie and green vegetables.