Cooking time: 1.25 hours
1.5kg diced pork
2kg Chef Solutions Simply Wedges
A little oil (75g approx)
1tbsp. dried parsley
2tsp. mild chilli powder
500g frozen mixed vegetables (such as carrots, sweetcorn, peas and beans)
To make the BBQ sauce
400g onions, peeled and chopped
50g garlic, peeled and chopped
800g tinned tomatoes, chopped
200ml tomato puree
150g soft brown sugar
120ml malt vinegar
120ml Worcester sauce
1ltr low salt vegetable stock
1. Firstly make the BBQ sauce; – Gently sauté the onions until soft and golden, add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
2. Add the remaining BBQ sauce ingredients, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for about 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile heat a little of the oil in a pan and brown the prok pieces in batches and put in an ovenproof dish.
4. Cover with hot BBQ sauce and stir well. Add the mixed vegetables and stir again.
5. Toss the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Wedges with the parsley, chilli powder and a little oil. Then top the pork mixture with the seasoned wedges.
6. Bake in a hot oven, 200°C/Gas Mark 7 for 30/45 mins until hot and crispy.