Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
A little oil (75g approx)
500g onions, peeled and chopped
30g garlic, peeled and chopped
800g tinned tomatoes, chopped
100g tomato ppuree
800g tinned mixed beans, weight drained and rinsed
1ltr low salt vegetable stock
2tbsp dried mixed herbs
1.5kg McCain Chef Solutions Simply Wedges
Optional topping of 100g fresh breadcrumbs, 100g grated cheese.
1. Gently sauté the onions in the oil until soft and golden. Add the garlic, cook for about a minute.
2. Add the tomatoes, puree and herbs, bring to the boil and add the stock, add the beans and reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 mins.
3. Add the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Wedges, stir well and pour into an ovenproof dish.
4. Bake in a hot oven, 200°C/Gas Mark 7. For about 45 mins.
5. For a crisper topping, sprinkle with the combined breadcrumb and cheese mixture.