2tbsp sunflower oil
300g red onions, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3tsp dried mixed herbs
300g courgettes. diced
300g green peppers, diced
300g butternut squash, diced
300g mushrooms, sliced
BOOg tinned chopped tomatoes
20g tomato puree
2tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
2kg McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slice, frozen
1. Heat the oil and gently fry the onions until soft and golden. Add the garlic and dried herbs.
2. Add the remaining vegetables and saute gently until a little softened.
3. Stir in the tinned tomatoes and the puree, check the seasoning and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins.
5. Make the white sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan and adding the flour. Cook for a minute and then gradually add the milk. Season well and add the parsley.
6. In an ovenproof dish, layer the tomato sauce, McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slice and white sauce, finishing with the white sauce.
7. Bake in a hot oven 200°C, Gas Mark 7 until piping hot, about 40/50 mins.