Menu Signature Gastro Chunky Chips
Method – for the Gravy
1. Collect the juices and the fat from the meat you are roasting. Put the juices in a glass jug and allow to stand for a few minutes so that the fat rises to the surface. Skim off the fat.
1. Put the roasting tin that you used to cook the meat on the hob on a medium heat and add the fat. (The meat needs to be resting, covered with foil, in a warm place at this point)
3. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the meat juices and gradually stir in the stock until you get a smooth gravy. Use a wooden spoon and stir all over the surface of the pan to incorporate any meat juices that are stuck to it.
5. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Season to taste and add a little gravy browning if desired.
For the gastro Chunky Chips
1, Cook product from chilled for best results. Ensure the fryer is at the temperature of 175C, fill the basket to the halfway point and deep fry for 4 minutes 30 seconds shaking the basket halfway through the cook process. Drain the oil from the basket for 10 seconds, add the toppings and serve.