4kg McCain Simply Mash – frozen
540g Welsh grated cheese
Pepper to taste
100ml Worcester sauce
1. Preheat the steamer to 100%.
2. Chop the leeks to approximately 1cm in size and place in steam tray.
2. Place McCain Simply Mash and the leeks in steamer for 12-15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven 190˚C/375˚F/Gas Mark 5.
4. Place the steamed mash in a bowl, add a pinch of pepper to taste and mix together.
5. Add the leeks, cheese and Worcester sauce in a bowl and mix together.
6. Place eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk well.
7. Put all breadcrumbs into a bowl.
8. Mould the cheese, leeks and mash mix into croquette shapes.
9. Place each croquette into the egg mix ensuring they are totally covered. Then dip in the breadcrumb mix, again ensuring they are totally covered, and place on baking tray.
10. Place the croquettes in oven for 15 minutes until golden.
11. Serve hot.
TOP TIP: Serve with a tomato chunky dip.