- Serves: 20
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 1 hour
1.2kg leeks, peeled and finely chopped
1.2kg Quorn pieces
50g whole grain mustard
3g black pepper
1.5ltrs semi-skimmed milk
320g Cheddar cheese, grated
1.5kg Chef Solutions Simply Slice, from chilled
50g fresh parsley, chopped
1. Melt the butter in a large pan and gently saute the leeks until softened. Add the Quorn and saute for a further five minutes.
2. Add the mustard and pepper and stir well. Add 3/4 of the milk.
3. Mix the remaining milk with the cornflour and add to the Quorn and leek mixture. Stir for 3-4 minutes.add 3/4 of the cheese and stir until melted.
4. Place the mixture into a ovenproof dish.
5. Arrange and layer the chilled McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slice on top.
6. Sprinkle with the cheese and place in the oven, pre-heated to 200°c, Gas Mark 7, until brown and golden. on the top.
7. For a crispier top use a little melted butter.
8. Serve with a sprinkling of parsley and a side salad.