- Serves: 20
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 55 Mins
2 tbsp sunflower oil 300g onions, diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
200g red pepper, diced
2 tsp. smoked paprika
400g tinned chopped tomato
20g tomato puree
1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1tbsp dried parsley
50ml Worcester sauce
50g soft brown sugar
1kg minced beef
250g carrots, finely sliced
1.5 kg McCain Chef Solutions Simply Mash, made up following pack instructions.
1. Heat one tablespoon of sunflower oil; gently fry the diced onions until soft and golden.
2. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add two teaspoons of smoked paprika, cook gently then add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, sprinkle over chopped red chilli and the dried parsley. Add the Worcester Sauce and sugar.
3. Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes, check seasoning.
4. In a separate pan heat the remaining oil and brown the mince, add finely diced carrots.
5. Pour over the hot sauce, bring back to the boil then reduce to simmer for a further 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Mash following the pack instructions, add a little milk and mash through.
7. Pour the sauce into an ovenproof dish and top with the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Mash.
8. Cook in a preheated oven. 200°C, Gas Mark 7 until piping hot and the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Mash is well browned. About 40/50 mins.