- Serves: 20
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
400g leeks, peeled and chopped
75g plain flour
500ml low salt vegetable stock
200g cheese, grated
750g tinned tuna in spring water, well drained
300g tinned sweetcorn
4tbsp parsley, freshley chopped
1.5kg McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slices (use chilled)
1 tbsp parsley, freshley chopped
1. Melt the butter in a large pan then gently sauté the leeks until softened. Add the flour and and cook for 1 min.
2. Gradually add the milk and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the cheese.
3. Add the tuna, sweetcoarn and herbs, check the seasoning.
4. Use an ovenproof dish, grease well, and alternate a layer of the sauce with the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slices (chilled) and finish with the cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
5. Bake in a hot oven, 200°C/Gas Mark 7 until hot and crispy, 30/35mins.
6. For a crisper top, mix the top layer of Chef Solutions Simply Slices with a little melted butter.
7. Serve with salad.