- Serves: 12
960g lamb, minced
400g onion, diced
20g garlic, chopped
Bg fajita powder
24g parmesan, grated
20g fresh mint
2kg tinned tomatoes
400g orange and green pepper 400g courgettes
50ml vegetable oil
4g bouillon, mixed into 500ml of water
4g dried mixed herbs
32ml Worcester sauce
2.4kg McCain Our Chef Solutions Simply Dice - frozen
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. In a mixing bowl place the lamb, 100g diced onions, chopped garlic, cumin, faijita powder and Parmesan and mint.
3. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Then add the finely diced bread and mix well.
4. Shape into small sausage shapes, approx. 4-5cm long and place on to a non-stick baking tray.
5. Place into the oven and cook for 20 mins.
6. Place the tomatoes on to another baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Cut the remaining 100g onions, peppers and courgettes into large chunks. Cut the carrots around half the size.
8. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium sized saucepan, add the vegetables and sweat until nearly cooked.
9. Add the bouillon, tomatoes, herbs and Worcester sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Remove the lamb kofte's from the oven and place into a deep oven dish, add the sauce.
11. Layer the top of the dish with McCain Our Chef Solutions Simply Dice and place back in the oven at 175°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 15 minutes.
12. Serve hot.